PURPOSE & BELIEFS
Helping people love God with all their heart, all their life.
The purpose of Trout Creek Bible Camp is to use an outdoor environment and our facilities for evangelism and discipleship, focusing primarily on children and youth through Christ-centered relationships and fun activities.
Building on His overflowing blessings, we want to spiritually impact people in such a way that there will be Kingdom impact, locally and globally.
Statement of Beliefs
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as the verbally inspired Word of God, completely inerrant in the original writings and of supreme and final authority for faith and life (Matthew 5:17-18; Luke 24:27,44; John 10:35; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:18-19; Mark 12:29; John 6:27; Acts 5:3-4; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Hebrews 1:8).
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man (Matthew 1:16,20-25; Luke 1:30-35; 2:40,52; 7:48; John 1:1; 11:35; Philippians 2:5-8).
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word, and deed (Genesis 1:26; 2:17; 6:5; Psalm 14:1-3; 51:5; Romans 3:10-19; 8:6-7; Ephesians 2:1-3).
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe and trust in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood (John 1:29; 3:16; Romans 3:21-26; 4:5; 2 Corinthians 5:21).
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ; in His ascension into Heaven, and His present life for us as High Priest and Advocate (John 20:20; Acts 1:9-11; Hebrews 7:25; 1 John 2:1).
- We believe in “that blessed hope”, the personal, premillennial return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ (John 14:1-3; 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God, a relationship in which they are eternally secure (John 1:12; 10:28-30; Romans 8:28-39; 2 Corinthians 1:18-22; Ephesians 1:13-14; Jude 24).
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust; the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost (Luke 16:19-26; John 5:25-29; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9; Revelation 20:11-15).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person possessing all the attributes of God. He convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment; He is the supernatural Agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption (John 16:8-11; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; Ephesians 1:13-14; 4:30).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit sovereignly bestows spiritual gifts as He sees fit and therefore, we do not promote the seeking or the practice of miraculous sign gifts such as speaking in tongues, healing, or the working of miracles which were designated in the New Testament as signs verifying the ministry of the Apostles (Acts 10:44-46; 1 Corinthians 12:4-11; 2 Corinthians 12:12; Hebrews 2:1-4;).
- We believe that marriage is a covenant between one man and one woman before God for life (Genesis 2:24; Malachi 2:14-16; Matthew 19:1-9; Mark 10:7-9; 1 Corinthians 7:2; Ephesians 5:31).
- We believe sexual activity is designed by God to be expressed within a covenant marriage relationship between one man and one woman before God for life. All sexual activity outside of this covenant marriage relationship is forbidden by God through the whole of Scripture, both Old and New Testaments (Genesis 18:17-19:29; Exodus 20:14; Leviticus 18:6-23; 20:13 Deuteronomy 5:18; Proverbs 2:16-19; 5:3-23; 6:24-33; 7:5-27; Matthew 5:27-28, 19:1-9, 18; Mark 10:2-12; Luke 16:18; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, 13-20, 7:3-5; Ephesians 5:3; 1 Thessalonians 4:3-8; 1 Timothy 1:8-11; 2 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 13:4; Jude 7).
- We believe that each individual’s sexual orientation/identity is designed by God to be male or female (Genesis 1:27-28; Genesis 5:2; Matthew 19:4; Mark 10:6).
- We believe the Camp’s land and physical facilities are a gift from God and that we are to use them in ways that honor the Lord and are consistent with the Bible and our Purpose Statement and Statement of Beliefs (Col. 3:17; James 1:17; 1 Peter 4:10-11).
- Evangelism: Intentionally presenting the gospel of Christ in a clear, loving manner to everyone who comes into contact with our program and staff, but more specifically, through the programs, Bible studies and relationships between staff and campers.
(Rom. 1:16; Gal. 4:11-12; Eph. 4:15; 1 Peter 3:15)
- Discipleship: To nurture campers and staff along in their faith with the truths of the Scriptures, so they have a better understanding of who they are in Christ and that they may be built up in their faith becoming mature in Him.
(Matt. 28:18; 2 Peter 3:18; Col. 2:6-7, 3:16; 1 Thess. 5:11; Jude 20)
- Christ-centered: Jesus Christ is our Savior and Lord. Therefore, our very foundation needs to be built and grounded upon Him. We desire for all aspects of our programs and lives to be focused solely on glorifying and exalting His name and allowing His power to so envelop and control us, that people will see Jesus in all we say and do.
(1 Cor. 2:2, 8:6; 2 Cor. 4:5; Gal. 2:20; Phil. 1:21, 3:7-11)
- Biblically based: God’s Word is the final authority by which we will guide all of our decisions. We will willingly submit to its authority and allow it to permeate every aspect of our structure. It provides us with everything we need to live productive Christ-like lives and so that we will be thoroughly equipped to do every good work.
(Psalm 119: 11; Prov. 30:5; Col. 3:16; 2 Tim. 3:16; Heb. 4:12)
- Relationships (Relationally focused): The most meaningful and lasting impact of our program is being a relationally focused program. First, we desire to focus our efforts into building and sustaining our personal relationship with the Lord. Then, from the overflow of our intimate relationship with the Lord, we will seek to build relationships with campers. Relationships are the centerpiece of our program. (Matt. 12:34-35; Mark 10:13-16; John 7:38)
- Fun activities: Camp is fun! We want campers to experience creative and safe activities in an atmosphere that is charged with anticipation, excitement, and enthusiasm. The basis of this is rooted in the joy of the Lord and His promise of an abundant life. (Prov. 17:22; John 10:10)
- Outdoor environment: The outdoor setting is one of the unique qualities of camping. We want to provide an experience and atmosphere that lends itself to “getting away” from the elements, routines and activities of normal life. Trees, stars, wildlife, sleeping outside, creek walking and the like. This type of setting allows campers the opportunity to experience God’s awesome creation in ways not common to most kids. It also allows them to be more carefree, to pause, reflect and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. (Psalm 19:1-6; Psalm 104)
- Excellence: We will strive for excellence in our actions, attitudes, and programs so that in all things we may bring glory to God. (1 Cor. 10:31; Col. 3:17)