Welcome to our virtual Mother/Daughter Retreat at Trout Creek Bible Camp!
With life changing and many of us social distancing at home, we have cancelled our in-person retreat and instead are providing at-home materials for a meaningful weekend of Mother/Daughter connections. Here on this webpage you’ll find activity ideas, media content, and at-home Bible Studies from our 2020 retreat speaker, Leslee Forrester. As always, our hope is to provide a fun, creative, and meaningful program that draws us closer to each other and to Christ!
On this page, we’ve provided a wide range of activities, appropriate for various ages. We invite you to set aside a special Mother/Daughter time, whether that's a full at-home weekend retreat, or just an afternoon.
Thank you for participating with us! We at Trout Creek are praying for meaningful times full of laughter, fun, and growth in Christ together!
- Ben "Fidgit" Tissell, Program Director
Try some of these creative activities, or come up with you own! The important thing is to do something together that facilitates fun and connection.
- Check out the at-home craft tutorial video on this webpage!
- Print off & color the Mother’s Day coloring page on this webpage
- Plant a garden or flower pot together
- Mom’s, introduce your daughter to one of your favorite childhood movies
- Have a pillow fight
- Bake some cookies or other tasty treat and the deliver them around the neighborhood
- Daughters, teach your mom a new game, dance, or activity
- Cook a gourmet meal together OR try making something new and exotic
- Speed puzzling – set yourselves a time limit to complete a puzzle together, with a reward for accomplishing the challenge
- Make S’mores! (If you can’t build a fire, a BBQ or even a candle will work)
- Have a joke battle (First one to laugh loses)
- Paint each other’s nails
- Choreograph a mother/daughter dance to a favorite song
- Go outside and make fern/flower crowns (There are many tutorials on YouTube, or you can just make up your own!)
- Set up a slip-n-slide! (Temperatures in Portland are predicted to break 80 this weekend)
- Try playing the Ninja Game (you can find rules here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mtc70pk114 or just google “Ninja Game Rules”)
- Memorize a Bible verse together
- Do an act of service around the house together (Is there something you could do together to really bless a dad, a brother? Or maybe the whole family!)
- Take a walk together and reminisce about some favorite family memories
Try some of these for help striking up new and meaningful conversations:
- Make up some “would-you-rather’s” (i.e. “Would you rather drink Coke or Pepsi?” or “Would you rather be really good at math or really good at writing?”)
- Share your biggest “God moments,” when you experienced God in a real way
- Ask each other: “What are you most looking forward to right now? Summertime? Going back to school? Tonight’s dinner?”
- Ask each other: “If you could time travel, what time would you go to?”
- Tell each other about your favorite books or movies
- Tell each other about your dream jobs…even if they’re imaginary jobs like “Wonder Woman”
- Ask each other: “If you could have the world’s largest collection of any one thing, what would you choose?”
- Ask each other: “What’s stressing you out the most right now? Is there anything I can do to help?”
- Tell each other about your favorite meal
- Say: “If you were an animal, you would be a….” – cast each other as an animal and explain why you chose that for them
- Ask each other: “What’s one thing you don’t know how to do, but you want to learn how to do?”
- Tell each other about your most embarrassing moments
- Moms, tell your daughters about a time that you made a mistake and how God used it to teach/grow you in some way and move you forward
- Tell each other something you admire about one another
You can check out our TCBC Live Worship album online for free! Music is a great way to keep us mindful of God’s presence throughout our time together.
listen below or on the TCBC Spotify page!
listen below or on the TCBC YouTube channel!
click here to listen on any Apple product!