At Trout Creek Bible Camp all campers and staff follow three rules and six boundaries so that we can keep camp safe and fun for everyone.
Three Rules: RECOGNIZE – RESIST – REPORT
- First we want you to know how to RECOGNIZE appropriate boundaries.
- Second we RESIST any inappropriate behavior.
- Third we REPORT inappropriate behavior if it does occur.
- MODESTY. Here at Trout Creek, everyone’s private body parts should be covered at all times, in the cabin, on trips, around others, and even getting ready for shower time. At no time will we ever display our own private body parts or touch someone else’s private body parts.
- NO PRIVATE ONE-ON-ONE time. Here at Trout Creek, you should never be alone with a counselor, staff member, or even alone with another camper unless you are visible to others. Always stay where others can see you. If you do find yourself where others are not present; then just make sure you’re in a group of three.
- GOOD TOUCH and BAD TOUCH. At Trout Creek, you should always feel safe and encouraged. That is why we love high-fives, and short side hugs. However, hitting, kicking, slapping, punching, shoving, kissing, hand holding, back rubs, sitting on laps, and touching each other’s body parts is inappropriate here at Trout Creek.
- GOOD TALK and BAD TALK. Here at Trout Creek, we love to encourage, build up, be positive, and praise one another. We want to build each other up…all day…every day! That’s GOOD talk! On the other hand, any bad language; like name calling, cussing, crude humor, inappropriate jokes, sexual comments, lying, gossiping is BAD talk and is not tolerated at Trout Creek. And, we never tell secrets here at Trout Creek. Ever.
- NO BULLYING. At Trout Creek, we have zero-tolerance for any form of bullying. If someone asks you to stop…you must stop. No questions asked. If you ever feel like someone is picking on you or being mean to you, please tell us so we can help you. You will be helping us keep Trout Creek fun and safe!
- PROTECT YOUR TERRITORY. Your stuff, your bed, your body…is yours. At no point, should a camper or staff member ever be on your bed and you should never be on a camper’s bed or counselor’s bed. It’s your space!
We want everyone to feel safe at Trout Creek.
If you ever find yourself in a situation where you feel uncomfortable or unsafe with another camper or even a staff member, or if you witness uncomfortable behavior we encourage you to RESIST and say no, then REPORT the inappropriate behavior to a safe adult at camp.
Anyone can report uncomfortable behavior by:
- Telling a Safe Adult like your Counselor or Leadership Staff. They can help you the fastest!
- Writing a note and drop it in the red safe box located at the front door of the Lodge.
- Telling the Camp Nurse.
How you report is up to you, we just ask that you tell somebody so we can help.