we've got answers
Summer 2020 Day Camp
Frequently Asked Questions
Daily Drop-Off & Pick-Up
Daily Drop-off Times:
– 8:30 am – 9:30 am
Daily Pick-Up Times:
– 7:00 pm – 7:30 pm
To follow the new guidelines we are asking that everyone to remain in their vehicle (except campers) during the drop-off and pick-up times.
COVID-19 + Camp Program Changes
Changes to Daily Camp Program in light of COVID-19:
Don’t worry, Trout Creek will still feel like Trout Creek! The counselors, creativity, fun, and faith-focus will won’t change!
The main changes will include:
– Limiting the number of campers to 10 in each cabin, and at the camp as a whole
– Activities and games will be more cabin focused rather than large group or all-camp focused
– Hygiene, social distancing, and cleanliness will be encouraged throughout all areas of camp
– Cabin groups will move as a unit from activity to activity
– As has been our practice we will continue to maintain the cleanliness of all common facilities at camp
– Continue to train all staff on health and safety protocols
– Pre-screening of campers regarding their health
As always, this summer is planned to be a super fun and meaningful experience for our campers!
Out of State Campers
Can campers come to Trout Creek if they don’t live in Oregon?
This summer we are running camp based on the new Oregon state guidelines for health and safety at summer camps. Trout Creek continues to be open to campers from all regions. However, out-of-state families are invited to consult their local health guidelines and to make their own enrollment decisions accordingly.
Helpful Links for Parents
– Teaching campers how to social distance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/social-distancing.html
– Teach campers to sneeze and cough into their elbows: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pdf/protect/cdc_cough.pdf
– Teaching campers how to properly wash their hands: https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/pdf/wash-your-hands-poster-english-508.pdf
– A Healthy Camp Begins And Ends At Home: https://www.acacamps.org/sites/default/files/resource_library/research/2020-Healthy-Camp-Begins-Ends-at-Home.pdf
Cabin Assignments / Roommate Requests
Trout Creek will be pre-assigning campers to cabin groups in 2020.
In 2020 we are pre-assigning campers to cabin groups in order to expedite drop-off and maintain social distancing between cabins.
During the registration process parents will have a chance to submit “roommate requests” for each camper. While we do not guarantee campers will be placed in a cabin with all their roommate requests, our camp staff will do their very best to place campers in cabins with their requested roommate(s). Cabins will be limited to 10 campers in each cabin.
If have already registered for camp please return to the registration site, log in, and fill out the roommate request question.
What to Pack for Day Camp
A packing list for camp can be found on this page. For Summer 2020 Day Camps parents / campers should pack what they normally do and just not pack overnight gear.
Also please note that Trout Creek has a no electronic device/cell phone policy and this still applies to Day Camp.
Spending Money (Camp Store, Snak Shak, Go Karts, Paintball)
Spending money can be used in the following areas
– Camp Store: $1 – $35 (Clothing, sweatshirts, souvenirs, cameras, stamps, & personal items)
– Craft Room: $1 – $10
– Snak Shak: $1 – $3
– Rockets: $7 – $9 *
– Go Kart Ride: $5 *
– Paintball Game: $5 (only available to 7th – 12th graders)
* not available during Primary Camps
Suggested Amount to Bring
– Primary Camp: $10 – $20
– All Other Camps: $25 – $50
Leftover Spending Money
Accounts with more than a $5.00 balance; here are your options:
– Encourage your camper to spend the remaining balance at the Camp Store or Snak Shak on or before the last day of camp.
– Request a refund through the camp office by contacting them via email (email@example.com) or by phone (503-695-2948)
– If no request is made, your remaining balance will be donated towards our “Volunteer Staff Housing Project.”
Accounts with less than a $5.00 balance, you can:
– Encourage your. camper to spend the remaining balance at the Camp Store or Snak Shak before or on the last day of camp.
– If you have a remaining balance of $5.00 that is not spent, it will be automatically considered a donation and there no need to do anything further.
Visiting a Camper
Visits during camping sessions are discouraged and must be cleared through the Camp Office prior to arrival.
Camper Care Packages
For $25, a package filled with various items can be delivered to a camper during the week.
If you would like to order any of these items, please indicate your desire on the registration form online. Items inside the package vary every year but may include camp logo items, candy, novelties, etc.
Please Note: If purchased after the first day of the session an additional fee of $3 will be added.
Sending Mail to a Camper
You may send mail to a camper at this address:
Trout Creek Bible Camp
38105 SE Gordon Creek Road
Corbett, OR 97019
Please Note: Postage-due mail will be returned to sender. No mail delivery for Rockin’ Raft Camp. Mail received for a camper whose session has concluded will be returned to sender.